Tony de Thomasis challenges the Australian SAP community to get creative in an InnoJam.
This story has its roots in the 2010 SAP TechEd Event in Las Vegas. As you would know from my previous article in Inside SAP magazine – On the road to SAP rockstar status – we took up SAP SVP for technology strategy, Kaj van de Loo’s offer to run an SAP Innovation Weekend in Australia. Our dream to create excitement and foster Australian innovation in the SAP ecosystem has now become a reality.
What is InnoJam?
Based on the interest and success from SAP TechEd 2010, the Innovation Weekend concept has now been grown into a scalable program known as SAP InnoJam.
SAP InnoJam is a community event where IT managers, business process experts, and software developers gain up to 30 hours hands-on experience with some of the latest and most sophisticated innovative technologies from the SAP labs including HANA, Gateway, cloud-based offerings and of course, business intelligence. Collaborating in teams, ideas will be taken from concept to working prototypes using real technologies in real time.
Completed prototypes will be presented and rated against other teams. If your prototype is hailed as the most innovative, you have a chance to win a spot at the upcoming SAP TechEd DemoJam!
The InnoJam program was trialled successfully during the recent Developer Kick Off Meeting (DKOM) in Waldorf, Bangalore, Shanghai and Palo Alto in March. Some of the exciting outcomes can be viewed on the InnoJam YouTube Channel.
What happens at SAP InnoJam
1. Tech Fire: SAP technology experts present their specific SAP products, technologies, and tools.
2. Biz Fire: Business experts present real business cases. Participants select the business case or scenarios that they want to work on.
3. Innovation Slam: The fun begins! Design, build and test. Participants collaborate within their team to create the solution for their selected business case using any of the presented technologies. Several technology experts will be available on-site to assist the teams.
4. Innovation Fire: Participants present their solution within a six-minute timeslot.
5. Jury Time: Members of the Jury vote and announce the winning team.
SAP InnoJam is a great way to:
• Submit a real life business requirement to a team of experts
• Stay up-to-date on SAP technology strategy, solutions, and developments
• Get hands-on experience with SAP technologies
• Network with other customers, partners, and SAP’s own development experts
• Be part of the winning team and get the opportunity to compete at DemoJam
Reserve your place at the Australian InnoJam
If you would like to participate in the inaugural Australian SAP InnoJam, make sure you book early to guarantee your place in this exciting event. The Australian InnoJam will be held as part of the SAUG Summit on 30 and 31 July 2011 at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour.
This year we will be joined by Kaj Van de Loo, Matt Harding – participant in the Las Vegas InnoJam 2010 event, Alisdair Templeton – winner SAP DemoJam Las Vegas 2010, and several other passionate SAP practitioners.
Who is attending?
Since the Australian SAP InnoJam will be run at the University of Technology in Sydney, I will work to secure participation for one or two of the #BCO6181 students from the Victoria University of Technology. This will inject a new perspective to the event and provide a great opportunity for an upcoming SAP thought leader. You can also expect strong participation from the Australian SAP Mentors.
Call for business cases
The strength and success of the Australian SAP InnoJam event will ultimately be determined by the quality of business cases submitted. To kick things off, Alisdair Templeton and Matt Harding will be sharing their vision for using semantic technology to improve SAP data consumption. I would love to see some innovative business cases from the retail, banking, utilities, mining and postal sectors.
Please add as many useful business cases to the wiki as possible, and let’s show the rest of the world how innovative the Australian SAP ecosystem can be. Propose your business cases here.
SAUG Summit Registrations
Official InnoJam site
InnoJam YouTube channel
InnoJam Facebook page
InnoJam Wiki Page
Tony de Thomasis is NetWeaver Practice Lead at Acclimation and an SAP Mentor.