Information Services Group (ISG), a leading global technology research and advisory firm, is also known for the ISG Provider Lens™. A practitioner-led service provider comparison based on ISG’s advisory experience and data-driven research, ISG Provider Lens releases research reports that provide independent vendor evaluations and enterprise buying behavior segmentation.
ISG is launching a research study via ISG Provider Lens to examine the ecosystem of SAP-related services providers. The research report is anticipated to support enterprises in their SAP systems upgrade.
Entitled SAP – HANA and Leonardo Ecosystem Partners 2020, the study will be published in a comprehensive ISG Provider Lens report in July. SAP-related services providers including S/4HANA, SAP’s intelligent ERP system, will be part of the report.
Just earlier this month, SAP S/4HANA has been one of the Hot Topics in the tech industry as the German company announced a maintenance commitment for the intelligent ERP until the end of 2040 alongside the announcement of the mainstream maintenance for core applications of SAP Business Suite 7 software until the end of 2027.
Jan Erik Aase, director and global leader, ISG Provider Lens Research, said:
“Although SAP is continuously growing in revenue, the company faces resistance from clients to upgrade.”
“S/4HANA offers superior performance by using in-memory technology, but transformation projects could involve steep costs,” he added.
Case studies and success stories of companies that have upgraded to S/4HANA will be part of the study.
According to Aase, the comparative report will enable companies’ to refine their partner selection process and criteria on finding the best performers, especially those offering higher business value at a lower transformation cost.
ISG Provider Lens provides data from primary and secondary research that can be translated into different output categories such as ISG Provider Lens Quadrant reports and ISG Provider Lens Archetype reports.
For the upcoming SAP Ecosystem partners report, 125 SAP-services providers will receive the ISG surveys. There will be six quadrants to represent the services and products the typical enterprise client is buying in the SAP space, based on ISG’s experience working with its clients. ISG’s global advisors will be collaborating with the research team for this study.
Below are the six quadrants that will be covered in the research:
- SAP S/4HANA System Transformation – Large Accounts: This quadrant assesses consulting and system integration service providers developing, deploying and testing enterprise applications using SAP S/4HANA and SAP Business Suite with SAP Fiori as the user interface.
- SAP S/4HANA System Transformation – Midmarket: In this quadrant, the providers will be assessed on the ability to offer a rapid turnaround for S/4HANA implementations for clients in the mid-market (companies with less than 5,000 SAP users and have revenues of less than $1 billion).
- Managed Application Services for SAP ERP: This segment will examine the provider‘s capability to offer managed services such as maintenance and support functions that comprise monitoring, remote support, centralized management of applications for SAP S/4HANA and legacy SAP Business Suites such as ECC 6.0.
- Managed Platform Services for SAP HANA: This quadrant cover providers of infrastructure services comprising hardware installs and maintenance routines, hybrid cloud management, access security, monitoring, system availability, interface performance, disaster recovery management, backup, restore, data-compliance (retention and access), data breach protective measures at the data center level, job scheduling, batch processing, file transfers, archiving, and all infrastructure and operations services that are required to run SAP ERP or SAP HANA applications.
- SAP Cloud Platform and SAP Leonardo Services: This quadrant assesses the capabilities of providers to design, develop, modify, integrate and support Applications or enterprise systems on SAP Cloud Platform and deliver services for digital transformation using SAP Leonardo.
- SAP BW/4 on HANA and BW on HANA Services: This quadrant examines providers on their ability to strategise, develop, modify and implement real-time analytics using the SAP HANA platform through public, on-premises, or hybrid cloud models.
The upcoming ISG Provider Lens Quadrant study, which provides an excellent view of the top players in the defined country, region or globally, will cover the SAP market in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Brazil, and the Nordic countries. Lead authors of the report are ISG analysts Blair Hanley Frank (Global), Kartik Subramaniam (U.S. and Archetype), Akhila Harinarayan (U.K. and Nordics), Pedro L. Bicudo Maschio (Brazil) and Rainer Suletzki (Germany).
Enterprise buyers can gather information from ISG Provider Lens Quadrant reports such as insights on strengths, competitive differentiators and unique selling points of leading service providers serving each market.
Further to the SAP – HANA & Leonardo Ecosystem Partners 2020 study, an ISG Provider Lens Archetype report will also be published. Conducted at a global level, ISG segments the prevalent enterprise buying behaviors or archetypes for various domains or service lines. The archetype studies highlight unique service providers best suited to serve according to an archetype.