SAP has integrated its S/4HANA platform into its digital supply chain solutions, adding new capabilities to enable an efficient and agile supply chain.
The updates include new functionality in production planning and scheduling, availability and fulfilment, compliance, health and safety, and production engineering and operations.
Among the new capabilities are:
- Consolidated operations including bill of materials, intelligent process planning, shop floor execution and integrated system testing for highly engineered products, such as in aerospace and defence, which traditionally required manual processing.
- 3D visualisation and production coupled with complete product lifecycle management.
- Deeper sourcing and supply integration with Ariba Network for supply analysis and vendor selection.
- Machine learning functionality to support demand-driven replenishment and proposal of suggested options for materials without purchase contracts.
- Enhanced sales forecasts and delivery performance using predictive analytics.
“Intelligent technologies help businesses make better sense of data, plan and predict outcomes, and optimise the entire product lifecycle including the customer experience,” said Hala Zeine, president, digital supply chain and manufacturing, SAP. “SAP helps companies embrace smarter business based on data-driven insights to run supply chains with greater insight, speed and purpose.”