By Emily Jacobs
SAP AG has announced the SAP ERP Foundation Extension for the SAP HANA platform.
The extension enables new SAP customers to implement a system optimised to their specific needs, allowing for scalability.
“SAP Foundation Extension is an extended offering designed with the power of SAP HANA, the beautiful usability of SAP Fiori and analytics and mobile integrated into one platform,” said Chakib Bouhdary, executive vice president of Industry Solutions and Customer Value at SAP.
The extension can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or in a hybrid model and is able to integrate with cloud, analytics and mobile solutions.
SAP ERP Foundation Extension for SAP HANA combines SAP ERP with a range of capabilities, including:
- SAP Business Objects business intelligence (BI) solutions, with the ability to tailor reports and blend analytics into operations.
- SAP Access Control application for ability to deploy a holistic role-based concept from the beginning.
- SAP Fiori apps for accelerated employee productivity and end-user acceptance with web-based apps on any device (introduced at Sapphire Now in 2013).
- SAP Cloud for Sales solution for fast sales force enablement.
- SAP NetWeaver Process Integration software for the integration of third- party legacy systems.
- SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On software for an enhanced use experience
- SAP HANA and the benefits of the forthcoming SAP HANA Live offerings.
The announcement was made at an SAP customer conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil.