SAP ERP software S/4HANA has reached nearly 30% growth in its customer base in 2019.
SAP ERP software S/4HANA, an intelligent, integrated ERP system, was reported being utilized by an increasing number of large enterprises globally. Specifically, according to a new report published this week by Information Services Group (ISG), of the package, the on-premises installation gained more users over cloud hosting. ISG is a leading global technology research and advisory firm.
In the 2019 global report “ISG Provider Lens™ SAP HANA and Leonardo Ecosystem Partners”, though large enterprises are installing or updating their ERP software to S/4HANA on-premises due to complexities related to geographic scale and application customization, smaller enterprises that have limited scale are the ones leveraging Cloud hosting. Now, businesses of any size in the manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, retail, energy, automotive, and utilities industries are utilizing SAP’s S/4HANA package.
Esteban Herrera, partner and global leader of ISG Research, said:
“S/4HANA forms the core of SAP’s Intelligent Enterprise vision, and the company is looking for the software to strike a chord with enterprise customers looking for efficiencies by automating their business processes and reducing complexity in their ERP landscape.”
Here are some of the key highlights of the latest ISG report on SAP S/4HANA and Leonardo:
- To address customers’ technical issues, SAP-focused service provider utilizes proprietary frameworks with standardized templates and methods.
- SAP S/4HANA ERP software is encouraging providers to build industry-specific solutions and accelerators for S/4HANA and SAP Leonardo for the specific industries mentioned to help its customers become intelligent enterprises and achieve faster time-to-market.
- Software bots are now being utilized by SAP service providers to respond to basic activities like logging a ticket and reducing time to resolution. Also, bots now aid in reassigning staff to higher value and more complex task.
- Enterprises are slow to adopt the SAP Leonardo software and microservices package despite its capabilities in the Internet of Things, machine learning, blockchain, analytics, and big data.
- Most service providers, to build proof-of-concept demonstrations, to help address specific industry issues or empower enterprises with emerging technologies, use SAP Leonardo.
The 2019 ISG Provider Lens™ SAP HANA and Leonardo Ecosystem Partners Global Report evaluates the capabilities of 26 providers across six quadrants:
SAP S/4HANA & Business Suite on HANA Transformation
SAP S/4HANA & Business Suite on HANA Managed Services
SAP BW/4 on HANA and BW on HANA Transformation & Operations
SAP Leonardo Transformation
SAP Cloud Platform Support Services
SAP HANA Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services
Accenture, Capgemini, and IBM appeared as leaders in five quadrants while HCL and Wipro as leaders in four. Cognizant and Infosys are named as leaders in three, NTT DATA and Tech Mahindra as leaders in two and Atos, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Deloitte and DXC as leaders in one.