At InsideSAP, we love to hear how the global SAP ecosystem can drive positive change. SAP Ariba continues their Sustainability Summit with purpose – driven speakers.
SAP Ariba Live Barcelona will kick off next Tuesday. The conference will open with the Sustainability Summit, discussing sustainability in supply chain and procurement operations.
- Welcome from Pat McCarthy, SVP and General Manager, SAP Ariba
- Keynote by Safia Minney, MBE; Founder, People Tree
- Minney will discuss Fair Trade supply solutions and business ethics.
- Panel: The Case for Purpose
- KC Hamels, Sr. Director Business Development, Docusign
- Sebastian Ociepka, Head of Business Intelligence and Systems, IAG
- Paul Polizzotto, Founder and CEO, GiveWith
- Madiha Tariq, APJ Solution Lead, SAP Ariba
- Panel: Sustainable Supply Chains and Suppliers
- Angel Pes Guixa, President, UN Global Compact, Spain
- Tara Norton, General Manager Global Impact Sourcing Coalition, BSR
- Tania Seary, Founder, Procurious
- Finding and Activating Your Purpose
- Interactive Activity
- Participants can discuss their organizations’ purpose while engaging in activities styled on design-thinking.
- Panel: Purpose Products
- Andy Daly, Head of Corporate Partnerships, Social Enterprise UK
- Alejandra Miranda, Business Development for France, Spain, and Latin America; EcoVadis
- Padmini Ranganathan, Global VP, Products and Innovation, SAP Ariba
Discussing his position on the panel “The Case for Purpose,” Givewith CEO Paul Polizzotto said:
“Society is demanding businesses change the way they operate by acting more sustainably and with greater transparency – all while generating a positive impact on the world. There’s an incredible opportunity for procurement teams to amplify their organization’s impact, not only by prioritizing ethical suppliers but by sourcing from suppliers who add social impact sales incentives into these transactions to drive even greater change.”
The summit will close after a shared lunch with the executive forum and Pat McCarthy, who states:
“Ariba Network connects more than four million buyers and suppliers from around the world to collaborate on nearly three trillion U.S. dollars in commerce annually. Even just a small fraction of that spend redirected in support of a purpose-driven initiative can have a significant and material impact on people’s lives… We have an obligation as the largest business network in the world to provide business leaders an opportunity to come together to share best practices and learn from each other how to further align sustainability with their business strategies and day-to-day operations. Sustainability Summit is just one way we aim to do this.”
For full details on the summit, visit the event page here.
To read about SAP partners providing fresh water to Cambodian children, visit InsideSAP Asia here.