A new update to Talend Data Fabric will help organisations to gain improved access to data locked in their SAP systems and integrate it with disparate external data sources to gain insights for a holistic view of the enterprise, while maximising their SAP investment.
The new capabilities from leading cloud and big data integration solutions provider, Talend, enable organisations to combine their SAP data with other enterprise applications and various external data sources faster and more easily.
Talend Data Fabric is a single platform designed to meet a wide range of integration needs including batch, streaming, real-time, and cloud. The new upgrades help organisations more easily extract information from SAP systems to support reporting, dashboards, or analytics. The platform helps organisations that need to synchronise customer data from SAP ERP with CRMs such as Salesforce, integrate SAP data with third-party suppliers or partners, and migrate SAP data to a data warehouse or data lake for analytics or big data scenarios.
“As organisations amass a greater volume and variety of data, they need a simple, cost-effective way to gain insights across all enterprise information – wherever it resides – for long-term success in the digital economy,” said Ashley Stirrup, CMO, Talend.
Pointing to the traditional need for specialised expertise to create connections between SAP and third-party systems, Stirrup said, “Now, Talend Data Fabric can help companies sidestep this skill gap by delivering a fast and easy way to harness the power of SAP data for analysis, improving business insight and operations.”
With the upgrade, Talend Data Fabric includes more sophisticated SAP connectors and components to support additional use cases. The upgrade enables:
- Extraction of large amounts of big data out of SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA and migration to other systems or applications.
- Acceleration of application performance without the need for Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) expertise.
- Delivery of semantic views on top of SAP data sources.
- Integration with SAP Business Warehouses without the need for external logic.
- Simplification of the data modelling process, enabling customers to work with composite snapshots and to perform complex calculations.